Saturday, October 30, 2010

Discussion

As I previously mentioned, the repetition of walking is much influenced by artists we have studied in class. This piece is temporary, because with time the grass always grows back. Below is a video documenting the trail that was run. As once can see, there are greener spots of the grass and even brown and patches of dirt.




What is more interesting is the process that was put into making this piece. It involved collaboration between my brother and I. It is special that we did this together since we almost never see each other anymore. We never "hang out" in the backyard anymore since we are all grown up and I am in college.


Another thing I noticed while reviewing the video is that for some reason (I do not know why) my brother had slipped off his shoes prior to me taking the video. I feel like this makes his connection to the place even stronger.





No comments:

Post a Comment